Tuesday 23 October 2012

Personal Statement Blues

Piecing together the perfect personal statement is not easy. It's deemed as being the key ingredient as to whether or not a University offers you a place on their course, dependant on how well you present yourself through it. Although conveying exactly what you want to say in a precise manner comes relatively easy to some, it doesn't for me. For a while now I've been struggling to figure out what I want to say and exactly how I want to say it. I'm constantly finding myself writing things, deleting them to then re-write them all over again to just delete them once more, it's turning into a vicious cycle of not knowing how to portray myself. The thing with me is that I'm perpetually fearful of not being good enough (especially in terms of my writing techniques and skills considering how I want to go into Journalism) as well as the thought of getting no offers at all. When I envisioned doing my personal statement I did not picture myself having such a hard time trying to figure out how to fit everything into it, suffice to say that it is definitely a lot harder then I first imagined it to be. From here on out though I guess I'll just have to see what happens...

Truly, Mase.

No comments:

Post a Comment